I wanted to title my first blog post on Instagram under „Why you should be on Instagram”. But I’ll let the numbers do the talking for me.
Many people are wondering why Facebook continues to lose momentum, with users by the millions „jumping ship” to Instagram.
I personally remember spending several nights out this summer at a very hype rooftop bar in central Bucharest, packed with medium to upper-income millennials. Every single person who was checking their phones there was actually checking Instagram.
But here’s the broader reality:
Instagram Demographics and Usage Statistics
- There are over 600 million Instagrammers.
- There are 16,600,000 Google searches for „instagram” per month.
- Of that 600 million, 400 million are active Every.Single.Day!
- 35% of Instagram users say they look at the platform several times per day.
- 59% of users are between 18-29 years old.
- Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26%.
- 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network.
- 70% of Instagram users attended college.
- Instagram Stories Has More Than 250 million active daily users
- 95 million photos and videos are shared on Instagram per day.
Instagram Business Statistics
- 80% of users say they follow at least one business
- 60% of users say that they have learned about a product or service on the platform.
- At least 30% of Instagram users have purchased a product they first discovered on Instagram.
- In March 2017, over 120 million Instagrammers visited a website, got directions, called, emailed, or direct messaged to learn about a business based on an Instagram ad.
- 65% of top-performing brand posts on Instagram feature products
- There are 15 million registered businesses using Instagram business profiles.
- 70.7% of U.S. companies will use Instagram for marketing.
- Instagram has 1 million monthly active advertisers—up from just 200,000 in March 2016.
- eMarketer projects that Instagram’s global mobile ad revenues will reach $2.81 billion this year, 10% of Facebook’s global ad revenues.
Instagram done right can do SO much for you personally and your business. In November 2016 when I decided to become an InstaBlogger I had 300 followers. At the moment I am writing this article, I am followed by 15,400.
But data isn’t enough on its own. Let’s connect to see how we can play this data to YOUR advantage.
With heart and brainz,